COVID-19 TESTING AVAILABLE IN NORTHERN OCONTO COUNTY
In response to the surge of COVID-19 cases in Oconto County, Oconto County Public Health and Emergency Management have requested COVID-19 testing assistance from the Wisconsin National Guard.
The Wisconsin National Guard will be providing free drive-through COVID-19 nasal swab testing in northern Oconto County. Testing will take place at the Doty Town Hall located at 14899 County Road T, Mountain WI 54149. The scheduled dates and times are as follows:
- October 27, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- November 10, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (please note the different time)
- November 24, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- December 8, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Anyone who is 5 years of age and older with at least one symptom of COVID-19, or who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 can get tested at these events. Symptoms include: fever, cough, loss of taste/smell, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, body aches, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, chills, or muscle aches.
Testing is provided on a first-come first-served basis. Due to the unknown amount of interest, prepare for potential wait times. Participants must remain in their vehicles at all times and no public restrooms are available.
To save time, participants are encouraged to register the day of their test at register.covidconnect.wi.gov. Do not register until the day of the test as questions about symptoms are asked. If you don’t register online you will still be tested, but it will take more time.
While waiting for your test results, stay home from work, school and other activities. To keep our businesses and schools open, it is crucial that all Oconto County residents come together and take the following actions:
- Indoors, do not gather with people that you do not live with. This means stay home as much as possible, and avoid parties, reunions, weddings and other gatherings.
- Outdoors, limit gatherings to 10 or less people while maintaining 6 feet of space from each other and wearing masks.
- Wear a face mask while in public.
- Keep 6 feet of space from others while in public.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, get tested and stay home while waiting for test results.
- Follow isolation and quarantine guidelines.